Being proud of ourselves is the key to feeling happy and having high self-esteem. And we don’t actually need to save the world with capes on our shoulders to have a reason to compliment ourselves. Losing weight, changing our looks, finishing a painting, or adopting a long-awaited pet are all examples of how we achieve our goals day by day, and each of these feats is worth celebrating.
Here at Bright Side, we’ve found 16 proud people from Reddit who happily shared their achievements with the world, and we hope it inspires all of our readers to praise themselves for their victories, big or small.
1. “These pants were too tight to wear under 2 years ago.”
2. “I’ve officially cleaned up 7,000 trash bags of litter in my lifetime.”
3. “3 weeks ago, Reddit taught me how to rehabilitate an exhausted hummingbird and today, I needed it.”
4. “I finished my bathroom mural.”
5. “Received my new driver’s license — this is what losing over 100 pounds does to a face.”
6. “My first novel is off to an editor! Today, I’ve reached a big goal.”
7. “After years of not speaking, it’s my old man and me.”
8. “I’ve officially lost 100 lb. It took me almost 2 years to do. I’ve been through some incredibly tough moments in that time, but I just kept pushing!”
9. “My first time doing any landscaping whatsoever”
10. “I’m really proud of my DIY hair.”
11. “Feeling confident — I cut my hair short for the first time in about 15 years.”
12. “First oil painting I’ve done that I thought was good enough to frame”
13. “I’m delighted to be half the woman I was a year ago.”
14. “After years of wanting to get a dog, I finally adopted the cutest one!”
15. “It’s been a rough year, and I still have a ways to go, but I can’t believe how far I’ve come already!”
16. “After years of broken teeth, I could finally pay to get them fixed. I can smile again!”
What is it that makes you proud of yourself? We’d be glad to read stories about your achievements in the comments!